The Art Of Networking
Networking tips for conferences and meetings in Devon
If you are looking for meeting rooms, Devon is all at once competitive, welcoming and truly beautiful.
Take the fuss and the stress out of planning your meeting or conference – read on for our top tips for how to make the most of any networking event you attend.
- Do your research before attending a business event. It is important that you make sure you know who is in the room so you have a pre-determined goal of who you want to have met before the day is out.
- Make sure you have enough business cards. It’s always good to have more than you need to hand, although with LinkedIn now digitally taking the place of business cards, it doesn’t replace the process of swapping details helps to build a relationship there and then.
- Use the time to build genuine connections. Let people know a little about you, but don’t hog the conversation. Try and come away with a nugget of information about each connection that you can use positively next time you speak to somebody (e.g. wife’s name, if they have any children/dogs, hobbies etc).
- First impressions count. Think about what you wear and don’t forget to smile!
- People buy people. This one might sound strange, but it is true. Don’t pretend to be anything you are not just to try and impress a prospective client – be yourself.
- Have a succinct introductory line that clearly defines your role, expertise and industry. The less waffle when you first meet someone, the better!
- Ensure your handshake is firm and purposeful. Too soft, and you will be forgotten. Too hard and you will hurt a potential client or business partner.
- After a successful networking event, be sure to follow up the next day. Make a note of all the new contacts you have made, find them on appropriate social platforms and ensure you have followed up on any promised activity from when you met.
From meeting rooms to conference venues, Devon offers the space to think and exceptional value.
Why not visit our business page to find out more about what Langstone Cliff can do for your company?
With competitive day delegate and 24-hour delegate packages, we can accommodate your request with ease.
Don’t waste time looking at subpar meeting rooms in Devon – book your next meeting at the Langstone Cliff Hotel.