Booking Terms & Conditions
By making a reservation you are accepting all terms and conditions herein…
Our charges are quoted in UK Sterling (Pounds Sterling) and must be paid in that currency.
Our quoted charges are inclusive of all UK government taxes, including Value Added Tax which is currently 20.00%.
Gratuities for staff are entirely at the discretion of the guest.
Deposit and Cancellation Charges
When you book your accommodation, you are entering into a legally binding contract –
- We strongly recommend that you obtain adequate holiday insurance. As there may be charges in the event of a cancellation.
- Free cancellation up to 48 HOURS prior to arrival applies to all bookings made directly on our website.
- A deposit of the value of the first night’s accommodation is requested at the time of booking.
- For Cancellations made after 10.00am 48 hours prior to arrival, the deposit will be forfeited unless we are able to fully re-let the accommodation in which case the deposit will be refunded.
- In the event of a non-arrival, a charge for the first night’s accommodation will be applied to the card details provided at the time of booking.
- Having arrived at the hotel, should you wish to cut short your stay, full accommodation charges may apply.
- If for any reason you wish to cancel your holiday, we must receive notification in writing or via e-mail, at least 48 hours, prior to your expected date of arrival if we are able to re-let your accommodation in full we will refund any deposits taken.
- From time to time, a room move may be required to accommodate you during your entire stay, should this be the case, we will notify you immediately. At this point, no charges will apply should you wish to cancel your reservation.
- We regret that requests for particular room numbers cannot be guaranteed by our internet reservation system though we will try to accommodate any such requests.
Guests with Disabilities, Specific Needs or Dietary Requirements
- Every effort has and continues to be made in providing improved access and facilities for guests with disabilities. There is an Access Statement on our website.
- In order that we can be best prepared to cater for guests with specific needs, it would be most appreciated if you could contact us in advance on 01626 868000 to discuss your requirements.
- Guests with disabilities that would need to be considered in the event of an evacuation should inform reception on registration. There is a night porter on duty every night from 11.00 – 07.00.
- Rooms are not normally available until 3:00 pm on the day of arrival.
- Guests are most welcome to arrive at the hotel before-hand and use the facilities.
- Rooms must be vacated by 11:00 am on the day of departure, however, as above guests are most welcome to use the hotel’s facilities after departure. Failure to leave your room by this time may result in additional charges up to and including the cost of one night’s accommodation.
- The hotel has a large car park for which there is no charge. You are welcome to pull up at the front door to unload, but then we respectfully request that you find a marked parking space in the main car park. If you are a disabled badge holder we have limited number of disabled spaces and these are available on a first come first served basis.
- Smoking is not allowed in any part of the hotel, including all bedrooms and balconies. Please use allocated smoking areas during your stay. If this ban is ignored a deep cleaning charge of £100 per room will be made. Guests causing the Fire Alarm to be activated by smoking or vaping in their rooms will also be subject to a £100.00 Charge.
- Accounts are to be settled in full upon departure unless prior arrangements have been made.
- The following payment types are accepted: Cash, Mastercard, Mastercard Debit, Visa, Visa Debit, UK Maestro.
- The management reserve the right to refuse credit to any guest.
- On arrival you will be asked to sign a registration form guaranteeing payment of all incurred hotel charges.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, we will require a credit or debit card to guarantee your final account and extras charges. All card records are kept securely and we comply with all legislation for protection of credit and debit card records and data protection.
- In order to comply with our insurance policy, we are required to advise our guests of the following rules.
- Lone Swimmers – Please advise reception if you are going to be swimming alone and approximately how long you will be.
- Children under 16 years – Must be supervised by an adult either on the poolside or in the water.
- Other rules apply when using either of the swimming pools.
- For your safety, please do not consume alcohol prior to swimming or take any glass or chinaware onto the poolside.
- Please read the literature provided at the hotel and observe the safety notices around the pool areas.
- All guest’s details will be kept on file for legal reasons.
- Guest’s addresses may be used for mailing purposes unless otherwise requested.
- Address information will not be passed onto any other organisation but may be used by The Langstone Cliff Hotel.
- If you have previously requested to be on our mailing list and do not wish to receive any further information, please contact us.
Notice to Guests
- The Management wish to inform any potential guests that parts of the hotel date back to 1750 and although the hotel has been updated many times a very few areas of the hotel may have impaired access as a result, please contact us if this may be an issue.
- The hotel cannot be responsible for any mechanical facilities ie. Lift break down during your stay. No compensation will be paid if a facility is not available.
- We cannot be held responsible for the failure of public services (e.g. water, gas, electricity etc) or for any disturbance that is beyond our control.
- Any facilities may be altered by the management at any time.
- At anytime the accommodation, swimming pools, entertainment and decoration may be changed at the discretion of the management.
- All prices are correct at the time of publication but management also reserves the right to alter this tariff at any time, other than when agreed in writing at the time of booking at an agreed price.