Booking Terms & Conditions
By making a reservation you are accepting all terms and conditions herein…
Our charges are quoted in UK Sterling (Pounds Sterling) and must be paid in that currency.
Our quoted charges are inclusive of all UK government taxes, including Value Added Tax which is currently at a reduced rate of 5.00% until 31st March 2021.
Gratuities for staff are entirely at the discretion of the guest.
Deposit and Cancellation Charges
When you book your accommodation, you are entering into a legally binding contract –
- A deposit of the value of the first night’s accommodation is requested at the time of booking.
- Free cancellation before 10.00am 2 days prior to arrival.
- For bookings cancelled after 10.00am 2 days prior to arrival the deposit will be forfeited.
- Having arrived at the hotel, should you wish to cut short your stay, full accommodation charges may apply.
- If for any reason you wish to cancel your holiday, we must receive notification in writing or via e-mail.
- We strongly recommend that you obtain adequate holiday insurance.
- For guests taking advantage of our Advanced Purchase Rate the full payment will be taken at the time of booking, this is non-transferable and non-refundable. All other cancellation policies are void.
- From time to time, a room move may be required to accommodate you during your entire stay, should this be the case, we will notify you immediately. At this point, no charges will apply should you wish to cancel your reservation.
- We regret that requests for particular room numbers cannot be guaranteed by our internet reservation system though we will try to accommodate any such requests.
Guests with Disabilities, Specific Needs or Dietary Requirements
- Every effort has and continues to be made in providing improved access and facilities for guests with disabilities. There is an Access Statement on our website.
- In order that we can be best prepared to cater for guests with specific needs, it would be most appreciated if you could contact us in advance on 01626 868000 to discuss your requirements.
- Guests with disabilities that would need to be considered in the event of an evacuation should inform reception on registration. There is a night porter on duty every night from 11.00 – 07.00.
- Rooms are not normally available until 4:00 pm on the day of arrival.
- Guests are most welcome to arrive at the hotel before-hand and use the facilities.
- Rooms must be vacated by 10:30 am on the day of departure, however, as above guests are most welcome to use the hotel’s facilities after departure. Failure to leave your room by this time may result in additional charges up to and including the cost of one night’s accommodation.
- The hotel has a large car park for which there is no charge. You are welcome to pull up at the front door to unload, but then we respectfully request that you find a marked parking space in the main car park. If you are a disabled badge holder we have limited number of disabled spaces and these are available on a first come first served basis.
- Smoking/Vaping is not allowed in any part of the hotel, including all bedrooms and balconies. Please use allocated smoking areas during your stay.
- We hold the right if we find any evidence or believe that any of our guests have been smoking in any of our rooms (this includes smell of cigarettes in rooms or cigarette butts found outside bedroom windows) to add £100 to the bill for the expense to us for loss of earnings, the dry cleaning of curtains, bedding, and carpet cleaning, etc. If the guest is part way through a stay they will be asked to leave the premises with no refund being given.
- This statement is due notice of these charges and no discussion will be entered into on this matter. This smoking policy forms part of our terms and conditions and is covered by the legally binding contract you are agreeing to enter into by booking accommodation with us. By entering into this contract you are authorising us to make the above charges to the card without any additional consent being required.
- Please remember this is not just the accommodation provider’s policy – this is the LAW and we would be quite within our rights to contact the local police and the guest would be liable for a fine of up to a £1,000.00 for smoking in a designated non-smoking room which is classed as a public place by law.
- Accounts are to be settled in full upon departure unless prior arrangements have been made.
- The following payment types are accepted: Cash, Mastercard, Mastercard Debit, Visa, Visa Debit, UK Maestro.
- The management reserve the right to refuse credit to any guest.
- On arrival you will be asked to sign a registration form guaranteeing payment of all incurred hotel charges.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, we will require a credit or debit card to guarantee your final account and extras charges. All card records are kept securely and we comply with all legislation for protection of credit and debit card records and data protection.
- In order to comply with our insurance policy, we are required to advise our guests of the following rules.
- Lone Swimmers – Please advise reception if you are going to be swimming alone and approximately how long you will be.
- Children under 16 years – Must be supervised by an adult either on the poolside or in the water.
- Other rules apply when using either of the swimming pools.
- For your safety, please do not consume alcohol prior to swimming or take any glass or chinaware onto the poolside.
- Please read the literature provided at the hotel and observe the safety notices around the pool areas.
- All guest’s details will be kept on file for legal reasons.
- Guest’s addresses may be used for mailing purposes unless otherwise requested.
- Address information will not be passed onto any other organisation but may be used by The Langstone Cliff Hotel.
- If you have previously requested to be on our mailing list and do not wish to receive any further information, please contact us.
Notice to Guests
- The Management wish to inform any potential guests that parts of the hotel date back to 1750 and although the hotel has been updated many times a very few areas of the hotel may have impaired access as a result, please contact us if this may be an issue.
- The hotel cannot be responsible for any mechanical facilities ie. Lift break down during your stay. No compensation will be paid if a facility is not available.
- We cannot be held responsible for the failure of public services (e.g. water, gas, electricity etc) or for any disturbance that is beyond our control.
- Any facilities may be altered by the management at any time.
- At anytime the accommodation, swimming pools, entertainment and decoration may be changed at the discretion of the management.
- All prices are correct at the time of publication but management also reserves the right to alter this tariff at any time, other than when agreed in writing at the time of booking at an agreed price.
- Photography; the Hotel reserves the right to Photograph any part of your event for the purpose of advertising the Hotel or Hotel Facilities.