Coronavirus – Updated Statement – 24th July 2020
The Hotel reopened on Saturday 4th July 2020.
Our current policies for the general operation of the hotel and its facilities with regard to our guests and their wellbeing.
Firstly, we must state that our number one priority is our guest’s safety and enjoyment, and to this end we will be following government guidelines and regulations.
As of the 4th of July 2020 the government has stated that they believe it is safe for the public to be allowed to visit and use many of the facilities at Hotels, Restaurants, Bars and many other catering and hospitality establishments.
This document will be reviewed regularly, and the latest government advice will be implemented as soon as is practical.
Please bear with us as we try to balance the constantly changing recommendations and regulations with our desire to provide a warm and friendly welcome to all of you who have chosen to visit us.
- On arrival please register at Reception, you will be issued with a wrist band and we ask that you wear it at all times, to assist us in complying with government guidelines regarding registrations. Check in is available from 4.00 p.m. though please bear with us as the additional cleaning requirements may mean on occasion rooms are delayed.
- Please pay via credit or debit card, using contactless whenever possible. Your room bill will be delivered to your room the evening prior to your departure or it can be emailed to you on request to Reception. Please could you vacate your room and check out by 10.30 a.m. You are welcome to stay within the hotel and grounds for the rest of the day and use all available facilities.
- We have put in place an enhanced regime of cleaning to minimise the risk of spreading any illnesses. All high frequency touch points such as light switches, door handles, touch plates on doors, handrails, taps, surfaces, etc. will be cleaned several times a day.
- Hand sanitisers have been located at key points for guest and staff use. Please make use of these hand sanitising facilities on a regular basis.
- We are taking measures to reduce the levels of contact between people to maintain the current levels of recommended social distancing. This will unfortunately lead to some changes in service patterns, options, and times.
- Please liaise with Reception to book your preferred Breakfast (07.30-10.00) and Dinner times (18.45 – 21.00), Reception can be contacted from your Bedroom by dialling ‘0’ on the telephone.
- As per government guidelines, cutlery and condiments will be bought out to you with your meal. Condiments will be of the single serve variety.
- All food will be served directly from the kitchen, initially we will not be able to offer a carvery option.
- Currently we may not serve at the bar, please take a seat and one of our team will be with you as soon as possible. You may place an order at the bar but please be mindful of the social distancing recommendations, your order will be delivered to you at your table as soon as possible.
- In order to help maintain social distancing we have a one-way system for our regular Dining Room. We would ask that you go in through the main entrance in the Lincoln Bar and exit via the top door heading towards the Washington and the lift and follow the link corridor back to Reception.
- All furniture will be positioned to maintain recommended social distances; we respectfully request that you do not move the furniture.
- Rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before your arrival. Housekeeping will not enter your room, daily, but will do a full bedding change and clean on day four of your stay, unless otherwise requested. A door hanger will be provided for you to hang on the outside of your door to let us know your requirements.
- We would ask that you use your own private bathroom, whenever possible, rather than public facilities.
- When walking through the hotel we will ask that you please use your discretion and consideration by keeping the recommended social distance of 2 metres whenever possible between yourself and other guests. We have put in guidance signage throughout the hotel to assist.
- Staff temperatures will be taken at the commencement of each shift and a health questionnaire completed before they start work.
- In line with government reccomendations we are providing personal protective equipment including gloves, masks, visors and aprons for all employees who may wish to use it, for their own piece of mind, but we will not be insisting that that it is worn at all times.
If you have any Covid – 19 symptoms, such as a dry continuous cough, high temperature, loss or change to your sense of smell and taste, we ask that you re-arrange your booking for another time. If you feel unwell at any point during your stay, please stay in your room and inform one of the Management team by telephoning Reception on ‘0’.
The current status of the facilities at the hotel the government believes it is safe for us all to use are laid out below:
Outdoor Pool – 10am – 6pm – maximum of 12 people at a time FOR RESIDENTS ONLY
Indoor Pool – 7am – 7pm – maximum of 9 people at a time FOR RESIDENTS ONLY
Outdoor Play Area and Woodlands
Restaurant and Bars
Any equipment used will be cleaned and sanitised between each use.
Unfortunately, at present we are unable to offer the use of the:
Indoor Soft Play Snooker Room.
We hope to make these facilities available as soon as possible.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything at all we can do to make your stay with us more enjoyable.
We look forward to welcoming you.
The Langstone Family and Team