Previous Loyalty Weekends at The Langstone Cliff Hotel
The very first loyalty weekend was held on the Spring Bank Holiday weekend in 1993 and they have gone from strength to strength soon expanding to 2 weekends a year. Invitations to join us for "The Loyalty Weekends" are made exclusively to guests who have visited the Langstone Cliff hotel before.
To a large degree the entertainment is repeated, the principal hotel staff team remain by and large the same, the Family ownership - by hook and by crook, remains the same (I think it has stopped growing now!) The menus are not exactly the same, but certainly much the same style, in fact the whole weekend sounds quite boring doesn’t it? So how come it is our fastest filling event of the year? It has overtaken Christmas, Easter, New Year, August, what is the attraction? The answer is self evident - it is you our wonderful guests.
We all love having you here, the family looks forward to it, the staff enjoy serving you, and you obviously enjoy one another’s company or it would not fill up so quickly and so regularly. The entertainment programme is presented over-leaf. The usual Loyalty Weekend “extras” - Lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, afternoon tea and cakes each day, pre-dinner drinks in the bar each evening, flowers in the bedrooms and other “Loyalty only” touches - will all still be in place. With a build up like this I am hoping to hear the telephone ringing and the emails pinging any second now! In any case, please don’t leave it too long - many of the rooms were booked as guests departed last May or last November.
The first loyalty weekend tried to recreate the menus and entertainment of ten years previously. From then on we added Star name Cabaret to the occasion as follows:
Dates in in bold link to a gallery of images from that weekend.
- 1994 West End Showstoppers
- 1995 Marie Lloyd Show
- 1996 - 11th May - Jeff Hooper
- 1997 Part 1 - 4th April - Jeff Hooper
- 1997 Part 2 - 2nd May - Kenny Ball & Part 2a - 3rd May - That'll Be The Day
- 1997 Part 3 - 7th June - Barron Knights
- 1997 Part 4 - 1st November - Buck's Fizz
- 1998 3rd May - That'll Be The Day
- 1999 2nd May - Magic a kind of Queen
- 2000 30th April - Saturday Night at the Movies
- 2000 11th November - Leah Bell's Rock, Roll Remember
- 2001 6th May - Legends of Las Vegas with Jeff Hooper & the Radio All Stars Band.
- 2001 10th November - Tony Carnagie's 12th Apartment
- 2002 4th - 6th May - Barry Walker's Smackee - Hits from the Musicals
- 2002 8th - 10th November - Chartbusters
- 2003 4th - 6th May - A-Tom-ic Jones
- 2003 6th - 8th November - Rocky Meats the Blues
- 2004 30th April -2nd May - Jeff Hooper
- 2004 6th November - Karen Noble
- 2005 29th April - 1st May - Leah Bell
- 2005 5th - 7th November- Barry Walker's Smackee - Hits from the Musicals
- 2006 29th April - Status Clone
- 2006 30th April - Tom O'Connor
- 2006 4th November - Chartbusters
- 2007 31st March - Kenny Ball Anniversary -1
- 2007 5th May - Leah Bell - Anniversary - 2
- 2007 2nd June - That'll Be the Day - Anniversary -3
- 2007 2nd November - George Michael Tribute - Anniversary 4
- 2007 3rd November - Magic - A kind of Queen - Anniversary 4
- 2008 3rd May - Rang-A-Tang & 4th May - Todd Miller and the Joe Loss Orchestra
- 2008 8th November - Stardust Express
- 2009 1st - 4th May - 2nd May - Big Girls Don't Cry & 3rd May - Todd Miller and the Joe Loss Orchestra
- 2009 6th November - "Route 66"
- 2010 1st May - West Coast - Celebrating the beach Boys & 2nd May - Todd Miller and the Joe Loss Orchestra
- 2010 5th - 7th November - Magic a Kind of Queen
- 2011 28th April - 1st May - Lee Memphis One Night of Elvis & 1st May - Todd Miller and the Joe Loss Orchestra
- 2011 5th November - That'll Be the Day
- 2012 4th - 6th May - Todd Miller and the Joe Loss Orchestra
- 2012 3rd - 5th November - Soul Funktion 10 piece Band
- 2013 3rd -6th May - Covers Brothers, The Beardsmiths, Todd Miller and the Joe Loss Orchestra
- 2013 1st - 2nd November Sixties Explosion, Galaxy Disco and Big Girls Don't Cry
- 2014 2nd - 5th May The Sneakers, Parisian Spectacular, and Todd Miller with the Joe Loss Orchestra