We were all taught at school (well some of us were) that the March Equinox was the first day of Spring, but to most of us the first days of Spring are surely the Easter Holiday. A great time of the year. Everything looking spruced up and ready to go, Spring flowers showing their colours and two bank holidays to make a worthwhile Easter weekend break.
Easter is a popular family holiday time at the Langstone Cliff Hotel. We present a full programme for your entertainment and offer something for each of the family.
Easter Holiday Friday 29th – Monday 1st April 2013
If we could choose, we should like Easter to be a fixed holiday, ideally the second weekend in April – but we can’t and it isn’t! Easter this year falls at the end of March and this too has positive advantages.
- It is twelve weeks since the last Bank Holiday – and now we have two! Good Friday and Easter Monday making a “natural” five day holiday – Thursday to Tuesday! Well, what would you say if you were a hotelier?
- Without the Bank Holiday to cheer it up March might be a little lack-lustre, socially perhaps?
- Late March is usually a colourful time of year, with Spring flowers in abundance and the shrubs, plants and trees just beginning to show their colours.
- Having the Bank Holiday at this time of year means that it is a desirable five weeks away from the May Day Bank Holiday – this also means that you can book for both without the neighbours saying “You are not going to the Langstone again, already, are you”!!?
We have tweaked our entertainment programme just a little and
hope that we can tempt you to join us for this ever popular holiday
Good Friday 29th March
- 7.00 – 9.00pm Dinner
- 9.00 – 11.30pm Dancing with Galaxy Disco
Easter Saturday 30th March
- 7.00 – 9.00pm Dinner
- 9.00 – 11.30pm Dance with Latino Jalapeno – Four piece band – This will be the first visit to the Langstone for this lively and colourful quartet – as their name suggests they specialise in the rhythm of South America but they assure us that they have a wide repertoire to suit whatever is required – now there’s a promise!
Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
- 10.00am Easter Egg Hunt for all the children – Make sure you are not late – it doesn’t last very long but generates
- enormous fun! By the fervour it creates you would think the eggs were Faberge not chocolate!
- 12.00 noon Lunchtime Jazz session in the Lounge
- 12.30 - 2.00pm Traditional Sunday Lunch
- 3.00pm Merlin provides fun and magic for the Children
- 7.00 for 7.30 Dinner. Please be on time for Dinner this evening as we present a Murder Mystery Evening. The scene is set, the plot (the word is used loosely) unravels itself, a crime is committed and well…by the time you get to coffee all is revealed. Very light hearted, very unintrusive, but fun. The Candlelight Theatre Company return by public demand, as they say.
Price per person on 3 days 29th March to 1st April – Inclusive of Full English Breakfast, Dinner, Entertainment and Accommodation
|Twin/Double Rooms without balcony||£ 247.50|
|Twin/Double Rooms without balcony||£ 285.00|
|Family Rooms without balcony||£ 293.00|
|Family Rooms with Seaview||£ 338.00|
|Family Rooms with Balcony||£ 345.00|
|Family Suites||£ 368.00|
|Single Rooms||£ 308.00|
Additional days – before or after the Easter break, Dinner, Room and
Breakfast £65.00 per person – all rooms
Friday 29th March
Dinner and Disco £ 27.50
Saturday 30th March
Dinner and Dance with Latino Jalapeno £ 30.00
Sunday 31st March
Easter Sunday Traditional Lunch £ 18.00
Dinner with Murder Mystery. Presentation and easy listening dancing to Graham at the Keyboard £ 32.50
Terms are per person and include VAT @ 20%